Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Intern hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
PepsiCo is a playground for curious people. We invite thinkers, doers, and changemakers to champion innovation, take calculated risks, and challenge the status quo. From executives to leaders on the frontline, we’re excited about the future. We take chances. Together, we dare to make the world a better place.
Our associates are the magic ingredient. Each of them plays an integral role in helping create deep connections between people and our products. Think about your last group celebration: Chances are, one of our iconic brands was by your side. At PepsiCo, you’re invited to be a part of a global team of innovators who make, move, and sell these products—which are enjoyed by more than 1 billion people a day.
A career at PepsiCo means working in a culture where everyone’s invited. Here, you can dare to be yourself. No matter who you are or where you’re from, you can influence the people around you and the world at large. By showing up, you’ll have the opportunity learn, develop, and grow our unique skill sets at work. Our supportive teams can fuel your professional goals to make a global impact.
Join us. Dare for Better.
The PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA) Sector Supply Chain organization provides a demanding, fast-paced opportunity in a competitive industry where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. Opportunities are provided through various roles in Supply Chain Planning, Strategy, Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Customer Integration, Commercialization, HQ Manufacturing & Engineering, Routing Intelligence and PepsiCo Global Template. We are looking for future leaders of the company; our Campus hires begin their career with unlimited career growth potential!
• Atlanta, GA
• Bradenton, FL
• Carlisle, PA
• Chicago, IL
• Edgerton, KS
• Lancaster, TX
• Los Angeles, CA
• Plano, TX
• Purchase, NYResponsibilities
What you can expect:
Students are afforded opportunities for beneficial, meaningful work experience in one of seven Supply Chain divisions. As an intern, you will be assigned a 10-week project, gain exposure to PepsiCo’s leaders during our Executive Speaker Series, network with members of PepsiCo’s Employee Resource Groups, and more. Please let your PepsiCo Campus Representative know which of the following disciplines interests you most. You may express interest in more than one:
· Planning: The Supply Chain Planning team includes demand planning (DP), supply planning (SP), contracted operations (ConOps), advanced planning (AP), tactical capacity planning (TCP), and material resource planning (MRP). This team anticipates the demand for products and plans their materials and components, production, distribution, and sale. They contribute to the overall success of PepsiCo by balancing supply and demand so sales revenue opportunities are fully exploited in a timely manner and at the lowest possible cost. These roles are highly cross-functional and require both strong technical, analytical, and critical thinking skills as well as communication and influencing skills.
· Strategy: Interns will work with the Supply Chain Strategy team and support various network optimization initiatives using various network optimization, Excel, SAP, and other database tools. This role will support development of near-term and longer-term network implications of strategic initiatives for PBNA. Additionally, this role will support activities involved in development and execution of lest landed cost sourcing solutions for our network. Interns will partner with various manufacturing, finance, and logistics team to gather and triage date during the executing of these initiatives.
· Warehouse Operations: Interns will work either on a field-based or headquarters-based team. The key objectives of these teams are to manage inventory, improve warehouse productivity, and execute shipments to ensure key service metrics are met. These teams interact with various other areas of the supply chain, including demand & supply planning, transportation, customer integration, sales strategy, and finance. These roles require strong analytical, communication, and critical thinking skills.
· Transportation: Interns will partner with transport team members to ensure timely delivery of finished good to our plants, distribution centers, and customers. This initiative encompasses many business areas including safety, DOT regulations, cost control, on-time shipments, and load and tender management including carrier contract adherence. Intenrs will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience owning day-to-day transport activities.
· Customer Integration: Interns serve as a direct point of contact for PepsiCo’s customer. Associates actively partner with Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Supply Chain Planning, and Sales to ensure our customers receive flawless order fulfillment and delivery. Customer Integration roles deliver a wide range of exposures to critical skills including effective communication, influence management, data analysis, critical thinking, and process optimization.
· Commercialization: The Supply Chain Commercialization team includes retail and foodservice channels and primarily focuses on project management leading cross-functional teams. Working within the PepsiCo Operating Model, the team is responsible to lead end-to-end innovation across new products, packages, and processes. A broad understanding of multiple functions – supply chain, finance, marketing, etc. is critical to success in this role. Supply Chain Commercialization contributes to the overall success of PepsiCo by supporting future growth in effectively managing the innovation agenda – driving net revenue and category share gains in the market. These roles are highly cross-functional and require strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as project management, communication, and influencing skills.
· HQ Manufacturing & Engineering (M&E): Interns will provide Manufacturing & Engineering support to our Beverage manufacturing & warehouse locations in North America. Interns will work on team that are based out of Chicago, IL and Purchase, NY. M&E roles encompass many engineering and Supply Chain initiatives such as project management, development of technical training materials, innovation projects, managing capital assets, data analysis and process improvement. Interns will gain overall beverage processing and manufacturing knowledge while obtaining critical work experiences that drive results directly impacting key process indicators for the beverage business. The M&E hires can obtain success by leveraging strong problem solving, influencing, and critical thinking skills while working in a team environment.
· Routing Intelligence:The PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA) Routing Intelligence Center is a new state of the art logistics center. The Routing Intelligence Center organization provides a demanding, fast-paced opportunity in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. Learning opportunities are provided through various opportunities to work with departments such as Warehouse Operations, Sales Operations, and Lean Six Sigma.Qualifications
What we’re looking for:
· Currently pursuing a degree in: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Business Analytics (other related majors will be considered)
· Involvement in at least one extracurricular activity
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Willingness to work flexible work schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
· Ability to adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to travel
· Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
· Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
· This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
· Pass a drug screen and background investigationEEO Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
For San Francisco and Los Angeles area applicants: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
- The expected compensation hourly pay ranges for hires into our 2024 campus intern openings is $20.50 - $39.60/hour
- Role, degree discipline, degree level, and location are part of the process when determining actual starting salary for positions
- Hourly pay for our campus hires is pre-determined and non-negotiable
- We love to convert our interns to full time opportunities! Our full time positions have a comprehensive benefits package that include:
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement. In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement