Just because this role looks like it’s located in Purchase, NY doesn’t mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Intern hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
PepsiCo provides a demanding, fast-paced environment in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. Does leading a team of 8-10 sales reps within your first two years excite you? Does spearheading a $10-15 million business sound rewarding? If so, PepsiCo Field Sales might be the organization for you! Based on performance, candidates will have the unique opportunity to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility culminating into leadership positions across the sales function. Our college recruiting program is designed to build future sales leaders within our organization and groom candidates for key leadership roles.Responsibilities
What you can expect:
- Strong Focus on Leadership Skill Development
- Influencing Frontline Selling Associates
- Flexibility and Autonomy to Achieve Selling & Team Goals
- High Visibility and Access to Senior Leadership
- Investment and training in cutting edge mobile technology
- Internal Campus Networking Activities
- Centralized Report Out on Learnings & Project Results
Below are some of the activities in which you can expect to participate:
- Own customer-facing summer projects directly tied to our business performance
- Learn the PepsiCo selling foundation: use fact-based selling skills and deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop, and influence various teams including frontline associates
- Lead meetings with senior leadership, peers, frontline employees and customers as appropriate to achieve summer sales metrics
- Use your creativity and entrepreneurial mindset to grow volume & revenue to achieve key metrics
- Successfully interact with Customers and effectively sell in and execute Sales programs and initiatives
- Collect, chart, and interpret statistical data; Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance
- As the work environment is physical: stand, walk, reach, and squat throughout the workday
Recent intern projects have included:
As part of our summer internship program, we aim to provide an experience designed for you to gain functional knowledge of sales and an opportunity to achieve results through the completion of a real-world sales-based project
- Introducing large and small format customers to new product launches and owning the strategy from presentation to execution in stores
- Assessing current sales practices and training frontline associates on new methods to improve sales and efficiency
What we’re looking for:
- Desire to lead, develop and motivate frontline associates.
- Self-starting individuals who possess the passion and drive to win.
- Resilience and adaptability to solve problems.
- Ability to discern priorities and remain organized as business needs evolve.
- Strong work ethic and heightened sense of urgency to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus).
- Previous selling and/or customer service experience (on- or off-campus; either through part time jobs, internship, or academic clubs).
- Pursuing a Degree in: Management, Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Professional Selling (other related majors will be considered).
- Availability to work flexible schedules (including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends).
- Flexibility for relocation.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
Minimum Qualifications – Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- The position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
- Have a valid, unrestricted United States (State Issued) driver’s license at least three months prior to start date, and access to an automobile to drive to various sales locations for duration of time in role.
How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must:
1. Complete an online application on our company website.EEO Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
For San Francisco and Los Angeles area applicants: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
- The expected compensation hourly pay ranges for hires into our 2024 campus intern openings is $20.50 – $39.60/hour
- Role, degree discipline, degree level, and location are part of the process when determining actual starting salary for positions
- Hourly pay for our campus hires is pre-determined and non-negotiable
- We love to convert our interns to full time opportunities! Our full time positions have a comprehensive benefits package that include:
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement. In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement